Sunday, August 1, 2010

145 Days Until Christmas, But Who's Counting?

Crafters know to start Christmas preparations early. I thought I knew that last year. October wasn't early enough. So this year it's August.

It's time to start REALLY listening to your friends and family to hear if they say they really want something or what they could really use. Remember those ideas, write them down! When the time comes in a few months and you're stumped for what to get them you can pull out your list and thank me. Now only I have to start remembering to do that too.

Family and friends aren't the only ones. If you might be expecting a "Secret Santa" at work, start to remember to pay more attention to your co-workers for if they say something that could help you shop for them later. You may not be picking names yet, but last year someone asked me about what to get someone else who I actually knew pretty well and I had no idea. I knew a few months ago they were talking about something they were keeping their eyes out for but I couldn't remember.

I'm in the process of working on some awesome tutorials to get you started on some Christmas crafts. If you see felt go on sale, stock up!

So here's to the next 145 days of planning for Christmas and keeping your eyes out for sales and good gift ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment